The most anticipated event in the sector, the XVII AECC 2022 Congress closes with more than a thousand visitors and with the exhibition of more than 40 main companies in the sector.
Last June 8th to 10th, we were present as Official Sponsor of the XVIII Spanish Congress of Shopping Centers and Parks, organized by the Spanish Association of Shopping Centers and Parks (AECC) at the Navigation Pavilion in Seville. This new edition became one of the most important events where the current situation in the sector, the evolution of consumer habits, the new technological challenges and the future prospects of the sector were analyzed. Investment in retail, mixed uses or the implications for the real estate sector were also discussed.
During these three days, the shopping center and park sector met again, after two years without being able to do so due to the pandemic, and this year it came back with great force, with several days of conferences, technical visits to commercial spaces, and the delivery of the AECC Awards 2022.
The expectations generated by this XVII Spanish Congress of shopping centers and parks #XVIIICongresoAECC have lived up to it. Under the motto #LaFuerzaQueNosMueve, this first congress has brought together more than 1,000 professionals from the sector in person, and also had the honorary presidency of H.M. King Felipe VI, showing his recognition of a key sector for the country's economy.
Among the highlights leaves us the event.
Eduardo Ceballos, president of the AECC: Positive trend of recovery in the sector and it is expected that 2019 sales will be reached throughout the year. In the first quarter of 2022, sales have grown by 32.6% compared to the same period of the year past and in 2019, they are only 5.1% below. In terms of influxes, they also show a positive figure, 28.6% more this first quarter than that of 2021, although compared to 2019 they have still received 18.9% fewer visits. The number of shopping centers and parks in Spain remains at 571, and 1,520 million visits have been registered in 2021. Likewise, more than 794,000 jobs have been created, 46% direct and 54% indirect; 4% of the total created in Spain. In terms of sales, in 2021 sales reached 40,399 million euros. This represents an increase of 21.4% with respect to 2020 and a decrease of 13.5% if we compare it with 2019. In terms of forecast openings between 2022 and 2024, there will be 22 new retail parks totaling 459,468 m2.
Technology for the architectural digitization of new creative and digital spaces
In addition, as one of the main sponsors of this event, LED DREAM Group participated as an exhibitor in the XVIII Spanish Congress of shopping centers and parks #XVIIICongresoAECC, located at stand N.A10, we presented our new technological solutions and new ways of digital visualization through dynamic digital lighting, digital content (2D, 3D, hyperrealistic content) and LED technology, for the design and setting of spaces, interior design, media facade and architecture in shopping centers and retail, with the aim of contributing to the design of new functional spaces and to create new digital and creative experiences, where the consumer is the center of everything.
In this space, LED DREAM incorporated the latest Samsung technology <The Wall>. It is a new generation of screen technology that offers a truly exclusive experience. It is the most immersive and versatile screen, with an elegant design, with the highest possible image quality, a resolution of 8K. The Wall delivers every detail exactly as intended, bringing images to life with a precise quality never before seen. From the deepest blacks to the brightest whites, you see colors in their purest form. You can see all our technological solutions that we presented at the event here
Award ceremony and closing of the Congress: The AECC has presented the Awards that recognize excellence in the work carried out by different actors in the industry and thus closed its XVIII Congress:
- Outstanding Career Shopping Center Award: Diagonal Mar in Barcelona. (Special prize awarded by the Executive Committee of the AECC)
- Award for the best chain or franchise in a shopping center: Grupo Ilusiona
- Mention for the best chain or franchise in a shopping center: Amantis
- Award for the best independent business: Citywave Madrid
- Award for the best action of innovation / digital strategy / social networks: Cushman & Wakefield “Infinity” project
- Mention for the best action of innovation / digital strategy / social networks: "PAPA CHALLENGE" campaign developed by the El Muelle shopping center
- Award for the best launch or relaunch: Vialia Estación de Vigo shopping center by Nhood Real Estate
- Award for the best small marketing campaign: "The failure never seen", from the El Saler Shopping Center
- Mention for the best small marketing campaign: “Challenges for entrepreneurs” by Nhood Real Estate
- Award for the best great marketing campaign: "Escape Mall" of the El Saler Shopping Center
- Mention for the best great marketing campaign: "Travesía de Vigo Master Chess Gala" developed by the Travesía de Vigo Shopping Center
- Best CSR Action Award: “Give #unfollow to cyberbullying; campaign against bullying and cyberbullying, by Castellana Properties in collaboration with the Spanish association for the prevention of bullying.
- Mention in the category of best CSR action: "Acción Social La Palma" presented by Bedland
- Award for the best sustainability campaign in a shopping center or park: “Zero Waste”. Waste management traceability system, Marineda City Shopping Center
- Best ESG Model Award: “Origin” by Cushman & Wakefield
- Award for the best small remodeling / transformation / extension: "Los Arcos" by Castellana Properties
- Award for the best major remodeling / transformation / extension: La Maquinista shopping center in URW
- Mention for the best large remodeling / transformation / extension: Bahía Sur de Castellana Properties
- Award for the best retail park: La Torre Outlet de Zaragoza presented by Ros Spain Management
- Award for the best medium / small shopping center: X-Madrid by Merlin Properties
- Mention for the best medium / small shopping center: Mogán Mall shopping center of the company Archigestion and presented by the Aguirre y Asociados Architecture and Urbanism Studio
- Award for the best large / very large shopping center: Lagoh by Grupo Lar
- Mention for the best large / very large shopping center: Vialia Estación de Vigo by Nhood Real Estate
From LED DREAM Group, as specialists in LED and audiovisual technology solutions, we continue to provide new digital solutions to our partners and customers!. Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn and use the hashtag #XVIICongresoAECC to get updated news, as well as information on the highlights of the event and all the most interesting new technological solutions in the sector.